The Meetings Show UK has recognised the distinct difference between in-house association staff and their AMC / PCO counterparts with bespoke education streams during its Association Day on 8th July, 2013 at The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre.
The Association Day programme, which was created following in-depth research amongst the target audiences, will reflect the needs and requirements of the attendees day to day jobs as well as their aspirations for growth and development within their chosen careers.
The development of the programme was led by Linda Pereira, Senior Partner & CEO L&I Communications Group & Executive Director of CPL Events, with input from The Meetings Show UK’s Education Panel and Advisory Board. In recognition of her understanding of this key market, Linda Pereira will chair the conference.
Highlights from the Association Day programme include:
· Growth In Challenging Times – The Economic Backcloth: Professor Dominic Swords, Visiting Professor, Business Economics and Strategy
· The Dead Poets Association – Paul Bridle, Leadership Methodologist
In-house Association Staff Stream
· Show me the Money! Increasing and diversifying revenue. Modern sponsorship strategies: Neil Felton, Managing Director, Exhibitions & Events FESPA & Linda Pereira, Senior Partner & CEO L&I Communications Group & Executive Director of CPL Events
· We all win when we play nicely together in the sandpit: Partnering for success: Laura Garrett, Events Manager, World Youth Student & Educational Travel Confederation & Sue Wilkes, Director SW Business & Events Solutions
· Using events to retain and grow membership – case studies of success!: Michael Foreman, Chairman, ABPCO and Association Guests
AMC / PCO Stream
· Tell the World! Engaging members and meeting participants in the digital age: Gerritt Heijkoop, Owner vivo.nu & Susie Hide, Executive Director EANS
· Negotiation: A step-by-step guide to winning (almost) every single negotiation: Carole McKellar, Executive Director HelmsBriscoe & Roger Coates, Vice President IRPA
· What’s love got to do with it? What clients really want from their outsourced planners and suppliers: Christopher Bray, Head of Conferences MS Society & Caroline Mackenzie, Director Congrex Group
Elling Hamso, managing partner of the Event ROI Institute will also be running a repeating session called The ROI Pyramid, which will examine through case studies the importance of ROI and how to measure it effectively. This session will be open to all throughout the day allowing attendees to join depending on their other education choices.
The Association Day will also include a Solution Room led by Linda Pereira, Julie Watterston and Mike van der Vijver. This peer-to-peer and participant-led session puts the attendees and meeting participants where they should be: in the driving seat. Attendees will learn about their co-participants and themselves, explore their comfort zone and receive invigorating consultation from seven direct peers.
The Meetings Show UK, Event Director, Steve Knight comments: “Education is one of The Meetings Show UK’s cornerstones, we are building a Hosted Buyer driven event based on the needs of a changing industry. Visitors of all types will experience high level networking, education and business growth opportunities created around their needs and the Association Day represents just part of our commitment to success.”
“We recognise that in-house association staff have very different needs from AMCs and PCOs, their job roles are very different and all too often education is too generic. Our research and the expert leadership of Linda Pereira has ensured our content is tailored to suit all their needs through separate streams and creative content. The Association Day will provide attendees with a balanced and targeted learning experience led by experts from a wide range of fields with many years of experience.”
Hosted Buyers attending The Meetings Show UK will have complimentary access to the Association Day, including both education and networking opportunities. They can apply via the show website – other visitors are welcome to attend, they can sign up for a fee of £125.
The inaugural Meetings Show UK will take place during the week of 8 July, 2013 with the primary show dates being 9-11 July at Olympia, London. The event will attract more than 4,000 visitors including 1,500 Hosted Buyers from across UK and Europe.